Your basket is empty.
Prices displayed are ex-VAT, and calculated on the basis of the minimum order of 100 packs of 10 cards with white envelopes and backing slips. Larger orders qualify for a discount.
|The Greetings Card Company Limited - Conditions of Sale
- 1 The Agreement between us
- 1.1 We, The Greetings Card Company Limited will sell and you, the
Customer, shall purchase the Products (defined below). These Conditions
are intended to set out the agreement between us.
- 1.2 "The Products" means the Christmas cards, the Christmas cards
available for overprinting and any other product
or service displayed on the website which we agree, in our acceptance of
order e-mail, to supply to you.
- 1.3 It is your responsibility to read these Conditions carefully and raise
any problems with us before you place an order.
- 1.4 We will confirm acceptance of your order by e-mail as soon as possible
and before we do so you should not assume that we have accepted it.
- 1.5 It is your responsibility to check that your order is accurate and to
give us all the information we need to complete the order. We will let you
know what, if any, information we do need. Proofs will be provided to you
for checking print details prior to printing your Products. Once the
proofs are approved, any typographical errors noticed following proof
approval are your responsibility.
- 2 Price of the Products
- 2.1 The price of the Products will be calculated, in pounds sterling, when
you complete your order form (subject to 10% possible variation as
specified in 3.1 below) and will be shown at the bottom of the order form.
Any delivery charges for orders requiring delivery within mainland UK will
also be shown. Orders for delivery outside mainland UK may incur
additional delivery charges, which will be discussed with you prior to our
acceptance of your order.
- 2.2 The price calculated by the order form will include value added tax
("VAT") if the delivery address for the Products is within the European
Union. If your delivery address is outside the European Union, VAT will
not be payable, although local taxes and customs charges may be applicable
and will be your responsibility.
- 2.3 If we accept your order, the price will be as stated on the order form
(subject to 10% possible variation as specified in 3.1 below) although if
the rate of VAT increases between the date of your order and the date of
supply or delivery, we will add the necessary additional amount of VAT to
the price of the Products.
- 2.4 Subject to our obligation to supply Products at the price stated in
accepted orders, we reserve the right to increase the list prices of the
Products at any time.
- 3 Payment
- 3.1 An invoice will be sent to you following the production of your order.
Please note that delivered quantities may vary by + or - 10% from the
quantity ordered due to the nature of personalised print production, and
you will be invoiced for the actual quantity produced for you. Our payment
terms are 30 days net from the date of delivery unless prior arrangement
has been made for extended credit. Our VAT registration number is 733 8810
Payment may be made by credit or debit card, by cheque or by BACS by
- 3.2 If you accept delivery of an order and subsequently order more
Products from us, we may withhold delivery of the subsequent order/s until
you have paid all sums outstanding owed to us.
- 4 Delivery
- 4.1 The Products will be despatched to you within thirty working days of
our e-mail to you accepting your order, and despatch will be by post or
delivery service to the address you stipulate in your order. You should
allow at least 2 to 3 working days for delivery within the United Kingdom
following despatch and 7 to 10 working days for delivery outside the
United Kingdom following despatch.
- 4.2 If in the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable
control, we are not able to despatch your order within thirty working
days, we will contact you and you may cancel your order.
- 5 Ownership of the Products
- The Products shall remain our property and ownership of the Products shall
not pass to you until their full price has been paid to us, together with
the full price of any other Products or services you have agreed to buy
- 6 Our Responsibility
- 6.1 We will make every effort to ensure that the Products which we supply
to you will be of satisfactory quality. If, once you have examined the
Products, you discover a defect in the quality of the Products you must
tell us as soon as possible after discovering the defect.
- 6.2 If you notify us of a defect in the quality of the Products and as a
result of the defect, those Products are not of satisfactory quality, we
will replace the Products free of charge or, if you prefer, you can return
the Products to us and we will refund to you the price which you have paid
us for those Products.
- 6.3 Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in these
- 7 Your Right to Cancel
Christmas Cards and other products
- 7.1 If, at any time within 7 working days of us sending an e-mail to you
accepting an order, you decide that you would like to withdraw your order,
then you will have the right to do so by informing us in writing or by
e-mail. We must receive your written notice withdrawing your order within
the 7 day period referred to above.
- 7.2 If you do withdraw your order, you must return to us any Products
delivered to you by us under the withdrawn order, and we will repay any
amounts paid by you to us in respect of that order within 30 days. You
must pay the costs of returning any Products to us, where you have
withdrawn an order in accordance with this Condition.
- 7.3 If you wish to cancel an order for Christmas cards which are to be
personalised with your own details, you must inform us immediately to
enable us to stop the personalisation process. We will then take all
necessary steps to minimise any financial liabilty on your part, but must
emphasise that, once the personalisation process has started, you will be
liable to pay in full for any part of your order which has been
personalised prior to your cancellation, and any reasonable administrative
or delivery costs incurred by us as a result of your cancellation.
- 8 Things You Should Know
- 8.1 The Greetings Card Company Limited is a limited company incorporated
under the laws of England and Wales. Its registered address: First Floor, 105-107 High Street, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1HA, UK
- 8.2 If, for some reason which is beyond either of our control, either of
us are unable to comply with these Conditions, that party will not be
liable to the other or be deemed to be in breach of the agreement between
us. Such reasons shall include, but not be limited to, war, riots, fire,
explosion, flood, insurrection, embargo, industrial action, shortage of
transport, general shortage of material and acts or omissions of
- 8.3 If on any occasion either of us agree to take no action against the
other even after the other has failed to comply with these Conditions,
that party should not assume that the other will do the same on another
- 8.4 If it becomes necessary for a court to enforce these Conditions and
any one of these Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable this
will not affect the remainder of the agreement between us.
- 8.5 Where there is a reference in these Conditions to "working days" this
shall mean Monday to Friday inclusive but excluding any statutory or bank
holiday in England.
- 8.6 These Conditions and the agreement between us are subject to English
law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, although if it
becomes necessary for us to enforce any of our rights under these
Conditions against you, we may do so in any relevant and competent